Thanks to our amazing Reverend Joy, Reverend John, and other members of our parish, KS2 have recently been on an exploration of St George’s Church to learn more about the church itself and all of the different elements including the font, the altar, the organ and the memorials.
Some of the exciting things we did included:
- Seeing what a Baptism is and learn what this symbolises for Christians
- Learning about the church organ, its role in church services and how it works
- Taking part in Holy Communion and learning about the significance of this special ceremony
- Learning about the lectern and the pulpit
- Visiting the various memorials inside and outside of the church and understanding their significance